FOUR WEEKS TO GO
Well folks, yesterday's training proved that I cannot run too much...left leg was fine until about 1.5 hours...then just got worse...
Anyway, at 4. 5 hours I had to abandon the training since my left leg wouldn't even bend...walked back round Jersey Road pondering life and abandoning the race. Hobbled round to Tony & Margaret's and they happened to be in - I sat down in the living room rather dejected. Anyway, was persuaded by them that in the end, what have I got to lose (besides a leg and the train fare if I have to abandon) since I cannot defer the entry again.
Got up after and hour and the leg was fine! bah. Yes a little stiff but ok. Could even jog a bit...anyway didn't force it, walked back to the car....
So training not going to plan. I may consider walking most of the way and running in the last few miles.....anyway...watch this space....haven't given up entirely...but need a different plan.
Running geek details for Saturday 26th:
2 circuits of 10k
half circuit
distance - 25k or thereabouts. Time on feet - nearly 6 hours (with one hour on the settee...)
My musings on the Marathon success and my non-running future, golfing and freestyle skipping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Draw that wobbly line with pride! 8 Oct 26
I can't keep up with all these freebies! I thought I'd start posting them in my blog. Here's a link to a video from David Draz...
-
Over Easter weekend I felt something like a bruise on my left forearm which I can only presume is tendonitis due to hitting the ground inste...
-
30 SEP 21 Golf range, then cross floats, mic release jumps. 29 SEP 21 Po21 routine, more crougars and double handed floaters. 28 Sep 21 Prac...
-
After reading too many motivational books, listening to NB's Wild Horses and Unwritten, thought I'd better jot down a note here. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment