Countdown to April 17 - the London Marathon. Left it a bit late, but I'm sure I can do it.
This is what I started running for in 2001. After this, what next? Probably a rest! My aching joints!
Today ran to Hatton X, tubed it, then will tube back to Hatton X and run/walk back. 8 miles. Only 16 miles to go.
Aim to run/walk 26 miles by 3rd April. Yes I know I know. It will be a hard slog...BUT WORTH IT YES?
Not too bad today, bit hot because I was wearing two jackets - next time I'll know not to overdress. This could be a good way to get in the shorter runs....run time 55:08 - door to door, but I need to take off about 2 or 3 minutes since I started the clock in the kitchen before I put my rucksack on...hmmm even better that I thought! Yippee...on track for at least 6 hours 30 mins. The thought of being on the road for that long...well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, better pack a lunch.
Perhaps you all think I'm mad...yep, that's right I AM! But madness would be lonely without me...
More next week, after the Peaks... Mam Tor here I come!!!!!!
My musings on the Marathon success and my non-running future, golfing and freestyle skipping!
Friday, February 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Draw that wobbly line with pride! 8 Oct 26
I can't keep up with all these freebies! I thought I'd start posting them in my blog. Here's a link to a video from David Draz...
-
Over Easter weekend I felt something like a bruise on my left forearm which I can only presume is tendonitis due to hitting the ground inste...
-
30 SEP 21 Golf range, then cross floats, mic release jumps. 29 SEP 21 Po21 routine, more crougars and double handed floaters. 28 Sep 21 Prac...
-
It's the start of a new era, and this blog has been sorely neglected. I might consider moving to substack but there's too many thin...
No comments:
Post a Comment